Do you enjoy working with young adults, thrive in a fast paced environment and appreciate the rewards that comes with success? Then check out the opportunities at the New Hampshire Job Corps Center a federally-funded residential vocational training facility. Our mission is to provide career-based technical and academic training and job placement assistance to low-income youth ages 16-24.
Responsible for working with Residential team to provide students on respective dormitory with a safe, clean and structured living environment that fosters student retention, satisfaction, achievement and success. Oversee respective dorm area and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve student and staff issues and concerns. Provides individualized case management to maintain student enrollment and success in the program.
• Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
• Maintains a safe and clean dorm environment.
• Provides quality supervision to students in the dormitory.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of incident and shift reports.
• Ensures the physical security of the dorm area and reports concerns to dorm supervisor.
• Maintains adequate levels of inventory per established department reorder points and proactively orders supplies to meet department requirement.
• Active member on case management and success teams to ensure student success in the program.
• Initiates work orders to make necessary repairs as required and follows-up with maintenance to ensure completion.
• May transport students to and from Center.
• In the absence of the Dorm Supervisor, will be responsible to coordinate staff coverage to ensure student areas are supervised and that staff adhere to rest and meal break requirements.
• Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment and recognizes staff accomplishments.
• Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely, and accurate manner.
• Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability, and work productivity standards.
• Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
• Understands and applies knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
• Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
• Provides timely operational support for Center operations to ensure quality of programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center operations to fulfill program objectives.
• Communication: Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and