Phillips Exeter Academy, located in Exeter, NH, is a highly selective coeducational independent school for boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level as well. Our 671-acre campus is comprised of academic and residential buildings, a library, playing fields and sprawling green lawns; retaining our 18th century New England charm.
Visit our website, www.exeter.edu, to learn more about us and to view the complete job description.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, and excellent benefits such as health, dental, 9 - 12% retirement contribution, life insurance, disability, vacation, free access to our athletic facilities, and free meals. In addition, discounts in and around Exeter, Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant, Homes for Heroes, and McFarland Ford to name a few.
The Technical Director manages and directs the operation of the technical stage facilities and equipment within the Center. Must be an experienced generalist in theatre and theatre technical operations, but must have particular expertise in the use and maintenance of electronic theatre technology, including theatrical lighting systems and audio and visual systems.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre, Theatre Arts, or related field required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 3 -5 years’ experience in theatre technical operations essential, including at least 3 years in a professional setting with senior responsibility for theatrical lighting and sound systems.
• Background in an educational institution and teaching experience are preferred.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.